Sunday, 19 September 2010

Episode I - Deadlines and Dissertations

Week 1 - 6.9.10

In our first research class, we were given all of our deadlines for the various research projects. We were then told, in detail, the methods of research which we could use to aid the writing of our dissertations and evaluations. The method of research are fourfold; Descriptive, Correlation, Explanatory and Exploratory. With each method, we were given a purpose and a working example to see how each method works. I found this lesson really interesting as i never knew there were so many different types of research. This will aid me greatly in my own research throughout my BA3 year.
In regards to a dissertation title, i have been thinking about ''The Next Hendrix'' idea. I was intending to discuss Hendrix and why he is so iconic as a guitarist and then see if any guitarists of a later generation have replicated this.

No comments:

Post a Comment